Thursday, March 8, 2007

Into the world of Blogging

Its my first internet blog site. Apart from MySpace. And it so happens to be an assessment item for New Communication Technologies. Voluntary? Not really. But fun nevertheless.
My name is Emma. I'm 17 years old and I reside on the Gold Coast. After 12 years of forced education I've signed myself up for another 3 years doing a Bachelor of Arts at Griffith Univeristy.

So far I've sat through a total of 2 lectures and I have to admit that a vast majority of the information when straight over the top of my head. Or I was in a complete dreamlike state and didn't hear. Bad start I know. But I'm still getting the hang of the whole "motivating yourself" to do work and take notes.

In the 2nd lectureI was presented with the film La Jetee. Personally I found it a little disturbing. And I am still trying to understand the whole concept and point of the movie and how it relates to New Communication technologies. Definately an original film. Well to me it is... I havent seen one like it. Although I'm not one to sit and watch a sci-fi film on a reular basis.

I think my main aim for next lecture is to attempt to pay attention. Sounds terrible and it has nothing to do with the lecturer. Its just that I have an attention span of about 3 seconds before I get bored and start counting how many times I can successfully spin my pen around in circles before it spins off the desk and smacks the person in front of me in the head, or start to wonder just how many chairs there are in the lecture theatre and start to count them. I apologise in advance to anyone sitting in front of me who get smacked in the head by my pen. Its not intentional. I swear. But I am working on paying attention. I just need to work a little harder. One day I will be able to go to a lecture and remember every detail and note that was pointed out to me by the lecturer. One day soon hopefully.

No comments: