Thursday, March 15, 2007

Yeah Myspace!

Communication technologies is a big part in how I communicate with friends. I've usually run out of phone credit by the end of the week from texting them all. 'Meet me at the uni bar' should become a template in my mobile. And who can forget about myspace. All events/parties etc are organised through myspace and its the only way we find out whats happening on the weekend.Msn messenger used to be handy. But since msn fails to operate on my computer it is no longer used to communicate with people.

I've pretty much grown up using technology to communicate. Telephones, texting, msn and now myspace. The internet is a land of wonderous communication opportunities. I think a lot of people my age have become so accustomed to using keyboards/keypads to communicate, we've forgotten the art of conversation slash we're just too lazy to strike up a verbal conversation.

Its so easy to meet people on the other side of the world using communication technologies. And cheaper. Its minus the cost of flying to germany etc to meet people. Now world wide pen pals are just a click and a type away.

I don't really talk to people I don't know in real life on the internet. Too many creepy old men who like to prey on 15 year old girls use the internet. I don't trust people I havent met. But if I've met you then I could chat for hours on the internet. Its useful if you're writing comments etc. Then you have time to respond to people. Have time to come up with witty comments. Think about what you want to write. Very useful.

Yeah Myspace!

No comments: